Dekomats Installation Instructions
Before Installing Dekomats
Installation of the Dekomat™ typically takes approximately 10 minutes, making updating to a new design a swift and effortless process. If a cart has custom components installed on the floor the mats can be simply cut/trimmed with a box knife, or scissors to compensate for the aftermarket equipment.
Upon receiving your new Dekomat™, please unroll the mat and lay it flat, leave the mat in this position for 12-24 hours so that the mat may acclimate to the ambient air temperature. Allowing your mat to acclimate properly will make installation easier.
*Tip: letting the mat lay in the sun can greatly speed up this process*
The tools you will need to complete the installation process consist of; a screwdriver with the bit to match your carts hardware (typically a star or Phillips head bit), and a razor, knife, or scissors if you have any aftermarket equipment on the floor of your golf cart.
- Remove all hardware holding side rails in place, typically a Philips head screwdriver or Allen key. (if equipped with rivets, remove all rivets holding the mat in place)
- Remove old floor mat, and clean the area where the new Dekomat™ is to be installed so that it is free of dirt/debris.
- Place the new Dekomat into position. Install the mat cut outs over the brake pedal, and then the accelerator pedal.
- Smooth out and center mat. If necessary, trim edges to fit any aftermarket accessories that may be installed.
- In the event that your cart model was equipped with rivets holding the old mat in place, re-insert the rivet screws into the new Dekomat in the holes provided.
- Reinstall side rails with hardware that was removed during step one.